Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Budget? Really... Who needs a budget?

On my nifty little checklist from The Knot, there's this one pesky little item right at the TOP... And guess what? It's WAY over do. Yep, it's got one of those cute little clocks next to it... Meaning it should've been done a LONG time ago. But I haven't done it. So I can't check it off. What is it you ask? Well, you know from reading the post title... dun dun dun. The budget.

!

Cute clock, right? Except that little clock and several others at this point are leering at me every time I open up my checklist. Reality check Miss Kassi. 199 days to go. Today. The Knot very nicely even offers a Wedding Budget Tool. Which can be found at the link above. And I've tried to use it. I've entered in $5,000 and it quickly told me, "Get real Girl! That's not enough!!" But I don't understand why it can't be. "It just can't" it says. I entered in $10,000 and it sighs, "That's a little better." Ok, I'm making that up... haha, of course. But still...

To be completely honest I have NO idea how much we actually have to spend. Since I just started working again in October I am just barely getting to the point of having any extra disposable income. Barely. And then Christmas hits. Luckily I did pretty well with the sales on Black Friday. Online of course. So we're nearly past that roadblock in the budgeting plan.

But even then, I don't know how much anyone else can contribute, or if they'll be able to at all. It's a rough world we live in right now. Everyone understands that. Even this bride to be.

Thus, that pesky little clock will remain next to the budget item on my checklist... Maybe we don't need a budget. If you don't have a budget you can't go over it, right?!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...