Thursday, December 2, 2010

Long as I'm laughing with you...

You know when you've been in a relationship with someone for a really long time and you get comfortable with them and their little quirks, habits, etc? The kind of comfortable love where you take them for them, they take you for you. Mr. M and I are comfortable. But every now and then he does something that just makes me smile and reminds me why and how much I actually love him.

The other night we were on the couch watching t.v. but because I have a slight OCD personality, I like doing at least two things at once... So I was also sewing. Just a little cross stitch on some pillow cases that my Nana gave me last Christmas. Mr. M asked to see what I was doing, then decided he should try, because it looked so easy. (FYI it is easy. You just stitch little X's following the pattern traced onto the material already.) He took my sewing and stitched a nice little X, while I watched patiently, and handed it back. Then he went back to watching the show. Smiles.

It's nice to have someone who cares about what I'm interested in. Even if it's a little thing like doing cross stitching every once in a great while. He cared enough to check it out and even try it for himself. No big deal. Just one of those little moments in life that warm your little heart all to pieces.

We're very lucky. We come from a closely similar cultural background; the same religious background; like most of the same t.v. shows and movies; even graduated with the same Bachelors in college. We have a lot in common. I know there are lots of couples out there where opposites attract. But we're lucky that we can enjoy alot of the same things and just happen to look at the world in pretty much the same way. I gotta think that'll make this whole marriage thing we're about to embark on a little bit easier. Don't you?

Treehouse Photography
"All that I'm after is a life full of laughter,
Long as I'm laughing with you..."
~Daughtry

Do you ever have any moments like this with your significant other?? Or any thoughts on the ease similar backgrounds place on a relationship? I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

2 comments:

Melissa C said...

I love the little moments! Marriage is wonderful ;)

Unknown said...

Yep! The little moments are the best!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...