Hello lovelies! Today we have one of my favorite wedding bloggers guest posting for my wedding week off! :)
Monique of Oh Darling Bride
She is a South African lovely with some of the best wedding ideas!
Today she's here to share a GREAT photo station idea with us!
Please leave her some bloggie love as I prepare to become a MRS this weekend! :)
Crazy for Photo Stations
Hi there, I'm Monique from Oh Darling Bride, a South African wedding blog for down-to-earth brides. It's such an honour to be guest blogging while Kassi gets married to her Mr (Yay Kassi!)
Today I'm sharing a practical idea my husband and I tried at our wedding and loved! I'm talking about photo stations, a super way to encourage guests to download their photos of your wedding and share them with you before they leave.
Here are a few photo station shots courtesy of our friends and family...
This is how we did it:
- We set up our laptop (which has a built-in card reader) at the reception venue as a 'photo station.'
- I asked my tech savvy brother to help our guests download their photos before they left.
- Our guests downloaded their happy snaps throughout the evening.
- We set the laptop on slide show and enjoyed cute wedding slides while dancing the night away. Brilliant!
- We even got video footage of our first dance (which you can check out here)
While I highly recommend investing in professional photography, family and friends often capture those goofy poses and sweet moments you'll treasure. So if your friends and family pathological picture takers, set up a photo station...you'd be mad not to!
Happy wedding planning :)