Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wedding Week Guest Post - Alisha of All About Us

 OK FRIENDS!! It's time to start my WEDDING Bloggie Break
Throughout the few days surrounding our wedding day on Saturday, there will be some AMAZING guest posters popping by My Road to Mrs to share some FABULOUS wedding related posts, while I'm off marrying my mister! :)
Today we have Guest Poster #1!! My sweet (real-life) friend Alisha!!
She has a lovely inspiration board to share and some GREAT wedding tips!
So please, share some bloggie love with her, and all my guests, while I am away! 
Thanks!
Here's Alisha...

Hello all! My name is Alisha and I blog about nothing over at All About Us.
Sweet Kassi is allowing me to post a little wedding something while she is off getting married!
I am sooo excited for her and her love! Being married is pretty much the best thing ever!


Wouldn't it be great (for those of us that are married) if we could all have a wedding do over? 
Every woman that has been married goes through this phase, I’m sure of it (Or is it just me??). 
I was quite young when I got married so I didn't know much.
As much as I love my husband, I don’t particularly love everything I did with our wedding. 
I’d like to think I’m a little more informed now about the whole wedding thing (I spend way more time than I should on photography and wedding blogs). 
So, if I could do the day all over again, this is how I would do it (if money was no object).



My style has definitely changed and become more sophisticated over the years (I'd like to think).
There are also a few things, non-style wise, that I would do differently as well. 
First of all, I would not have hand addressed 500 invitations. I thought it would be personal but it ended up being torture. Labels FTW.
Second, I would have delegated to more people instead of doing it all myself or putting so much pressure on just one beloved sister (don't get me wrong, she was wonderful, but it may have been too much for just one person to handle). 
And third, I would have definitely searched and researched a whole lot more. There are so many resources at our disposal for wedding things. I really wish I would have learned what I really wanted from a wedding instead of what I thought I wanted... does that make sense?

I hope some of these tips have been helpful to you!
After it's all said and done, the most important thing is, you are marrying the love of your life and that is so much better than some silly decorations. 


Thanks Alisha!!! 
What a beautiful wedding that would be! And I've seen her wedding photos friends... 
She had a beautiful wedding in real life too! :) 

Have a great Tuesday!!!


6 comments:

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

What a cute idea, Kassi. Great guest post!

Jamie said...

#2 dress is GAWGEOUS! If I could do my wedding over it would be like that, too. But I have no regrets!

Jessa said...

I would definitely love a wedding do-over! We didn't have an actual wedding and while I don't want the big, fancy, crazy kind of deal, I would have loved a wedding of sorts. I definitely want to have a renewal and do it the way we originally wanted-- in Vegas.

Irish Italian Blessings said...

Totally would LOVE a wedding do-over but without the cost :)

HiLLjO said...

Yeah I'm not in full-swing re-do... I'm more of a "let's get married 10 different times" wifey! lol!

Kassi... I stopped by to see your blog from Best Brdial Blogs and I wanted to wish you love and the best wishes! Have a great day Saturday!

Life in the circus said...

As Alisha's sister (not the one put in charge of most of everything, just the boquet) Alisha's reception was the best out of all 4 of us girls. It reflected her style at the time and was very fun. The style depicted above definatly reflects her style now and I love it! Evolution in style is a wonderful thing and I would trust her with my wardrobe any day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...