Friday, February 18, 2011

4 Months and Counting!!!


***

Four months to go. Today.

Last night me and the mister were discussing that we are at the four month mark.
He was funny...
I said, "Saturday we're at four months!"
He said, "No, it's tomorrow. See, I know what's going on."
So proud of him! :)

So FOUR MONTHS it is!

See...
  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

This last week has been overwhelming a little bit...
I knew this 'four months away day' was looming and so inevitably I started stressing out...
But stress is powerful. Stress gets you going.

So where we stand as of today...
  • I have almost all of the Save the Dates sent out or handed out... A whole bunch of them will be finished over this weekend.
  • I am smack dab in the middle of bridesmaid gifts 3 and 4.. That puts me almost OVER halfway finished with those.
  • I called the couple that owns the venue today and talked with each of them...
    Mrs. Moyers thinks since we're planning a buffet style dinner that we'll have plenty of seating including the bar and patio at the clubhouse.
    Mr. Moyers suggested setting up a portable arena for a team roping the day before... haha! Gotta love a good ol' team roper!
  • I'm working on a bridesmaid dress fitting/ordering get together for the first or second weekend in March.
  • I asked Mr. M last night what he cared about...
    Real v. fake flowers.... Doesn't care.
    Cake... Doesn't care.
    The fact that our wedding turned out to be the same day as a friend's from college...
    He cares! Guys... geez.
  • He's yet to decide who his groomsmen will for sure be... He's asked a couple... but the final list is not decided. We have decided to order their shirts as their bigger gift, and then supplement it with something smaller...

    So there you have it... My Road to Mrs at four months out!


    We also have an EXCITING announcement...
Drum roll please...

***

We are going this evening to make an offer on a house.
It has land for our horses...
The house is SUPER STINKING nice...
And we really feel like we've found what we've been looking for!!

Oh... and guess what... Unlike the last offer we tried... This place HAS WATER!!! haha!
Yeah, the last one didn't have potable water... Hmm... of all things.

It's also only (at the most) 20 minutes from my office.
MUCH better than the 45 or so I drive each way everyday!

So... Were you/Are you freaking out at 4 months?
Any wise words for the 4 months to be bride?



5 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Woo hoo 4 more months! Time is flying missy! How exciting!

It sounds like ya'll are right on track! How exciting about your house too. Whatever happens if you get it or not, it will be fore the best. :) My fiance and I are moving into our home this coming weekend that we closed on almost a week ago. It's stressful moving and planning a wedding but it feels so nice to be homeowners and have our own place! :) Enjoy this fun time!

Brooke T said...

good luck with a new house! and so exciting!!!!

LesleyRH said...

You seem to be ahead of the game with four months left!! Congrats!

Saying I do said...

good luck on the house! that's very exciting!
You are exactly where you need to be..i'm at 3 months...ahh!! THAT'S scary!

Holly Austin said...

yay for the house - hope everything works out for you guys! And my advice for the 4 month mark would be: As much as possible, slow down and enjoy it. Everything will fly by so fast, so enjoy it as much as possible! Although I have to say, I was actually really glad once it was all over - not the actual wedding day, but all the planning and getting ready and such. It can be quite stressful! And your wedding day will fly by amazingly fast, so be prepared to soak it all up!

P.S. Stopping by from the Blog Hop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...